Sunday, November 11, 2007

Six Generations

Okay, in my earlier post I told you it was a big weekend. Well, it definitely was. I was baptized at church today! I was on my best behavior and everything went great! I wore a gown that many family members before me wore--including Mommy and Mimi. And, I was the sixth generation to be baptized at our church. What a wonderful tradition to carry on!

Mommy and Mimi helped me get dressed.


Almost showtime...Think Daddy's ready? :)
I'm behind Mommy and Daddy getting the water put on my head.
Dr. Stephens walked me down the aisle so the church could "meet" me!

Everyone was excited about how well I did!



I was so happy that Granny and Papa were here!

And, of course, I was happy to see my buddy Henry too!


After church, we went to Mimi & Poppy's house for lunch. Thankfully, I was able to change out of the gown and enjoyed visiting with family & friends.


The girls enjoyed some serious conversation on the porch.





The BBQ was a hit!
Three of my favorite guys---Poppy, Daddy, and Papa!


I fell asleep not long after pulling out of Mimi & Poppy's driveway. What a FUN and memorable day!
(A BIG thank you to Kyle for taking such great pictures at the church and to Anne for videoing!)
AND, just when you think my day couldn't have gotten any better, I ROLLED OVER ALL BY MYSELF FOR THE FIRST TIME TONIGHT! Mommy will post pictures soon! Whew, being a big boy is tiring!
























2 comments:

Anne Pearce said...

You rolled over?!?! What a big boy! What a day that was. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of it. I love you pumpkin!
Aunt Anne

Lauren said...

We sure hated to miss the big day, but it looks like it was awesome!