Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Well, today is my 2 month birthday!! Can you even believe it?! Time flies when you're having fun!
I had my 2 month check-up today and did great! I now weigh 14 lbs 9.5 ounces (95% percentile), am 25 3/4 inches long (over 95% percentile), and my head circumference is 41 cm (75% percentile). Unfortunately, I had to get 4 shots and it DID NOT feel good! I cried but as soon as Mommy picked me up, I calmed down. And, I got 2 Snoopy bandaides! :) Thank goodness we don't have to go back to the doctor for another 2 months!

Mommy wants to add a note...
Today is Walker's 2 month birthday. I can't believe he's been in our lives for 2 months, Travis & I have loved every second. The first couple of weeks were definitely a blur but I feel like we've come so far since those days. Walker is smiling at both of us now, really likes his light-up & music toys, and we enjoy our days together. He's even starting to sleep through the night! I think back to 3 months ago when we were still anticipating his arrival, or a year ago when we didn't even know he was going to join our family, and can't imagine our lives without Walker. He has brought such meaning & purpose to our lives. Walker James is such a precious gift from God and it's just amazing that we created this beautiful boy. He is looking more like his Daddy everyday and I am so thankful for that. Not that I wouldn't love for him to keep those blue eyes like his Mommy :), but those long eyelashes are gorgeous! I am in awe of him, it often brings tears to my eyes. What a little miracle.
I don't know what I expected motherhood to be but it's exceeding anything I ever thought. And watching Travis with Walker is the best part of my day, he is such a great dad. I cherish every minute with our family and look forward to the months and years ahead. It's so wonderful to be a family...Travis, Walker, Tigger, and me. I love all three of my boys! God is MORE than good!! Stay tuned for more updates on the Kirkland family...












5 comments:

Fannie Bradley's Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fannie Bradley's Mommy said...

Happy 2 month Birthday Walker! I was just about to email y'all but checked the blog first. The 20th is easy for me to remember since we got married on one! Hope to see y'all soon! Love, Kyle

Tripp, Jack, Charlotte said...

Wow he's getting so tall! Not surprising though :)
I'm glad the checkup went well and it's over! Those are never fun. Keep posting pics!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

he is such a big sweet boy! i can't wait to meet him.
dom

The McCord Family said...

What a sweet post! We can't wait to see y'all soon!